Although standard practices for reducing arc blow are in place for welders, wrapping a welding lead around the magnetized material and attempting to strike an arc is a trial-and-error process.
Using Demag Solutions proven demagnetizing services, magnetism is systematically measured and removed by repeatedly applying a reversing AC or DC magnetic field, and gradually reducing the amount of magnetism.
Welds are made quickly and efficiently and with full quality to pass tough inspections. This dedicated solution also prevents overheating damage to welding leads and/or equipment, significantly reduces weld time, and relieves the frustration involved in welding magnetic material.
Demag Solutions’ knowledge and expertise with problematic magnetism across many industries allows us to help you solve magnetism-related issues. Our staff has provided demagnetizing services across a wide variety of applications:
- Pipelines (Oil, Gas, Water, sub-sea, etc.)
- Vessels (Pressure, Fuel, Water, etc.)
- Construction (Steel girders, etc.)
- Renovation (converting MRI rooms to operating rooms, etc.)
- Utilities (Coal, CoGen, Nuclear)
- Industrial (Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Automotive, etc.)
- Military (Armor Plating, propellers, missile launch tubes, etc.)
- Aerospace (small parts, construction, magnetized cargo problems)
- General Manufacturing and assembly lines
Demag Solutions’ staff are available worldwide for all welding issues. Demag Solutions’ dedicated solution saves time and money.